Saturday, September 13, 2008

Scenes from my kitchen, again

Geez, what is it about impending autumn that makes me loose my mind? I haven't nested this bad since I was 8 months pregnant. I can't seem to get out of my kitchen these days. I like to cook. I would even go so far as to say I love to cook. But ever since I brought home a squalling, needy, energy-sapping newborn (a very cute one, though) my urge to be anywhere near my stove has been about zilch. But for some reason, it's back, with a vengence! Fall has always been my favorite season to cook. Nobody enjoys being in the kitchen in the summer. Summer is all about grilling in the back yard, which is usually John's domain. So, come fall, I relish getting back inside and domesticating up some yummy, warm, comforting foods. So, I guess my 9 month hiatus has given my natural proclivities a major boost this year.

Anyhoo, here are some scenes from my kitchen today. On the menu:

Chile con Carne
Apple-Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Homemade Applesauce




This is what else was going on in my kitchen today.



That's the hole John cut in the basement door for the cats to use. (Ignore the ugly door, it is getting painted really soon, I swear.)


Peekaboo!



A busy kitchen



This one is from yesterday. It was G's first trip to the Binghamton Farmer's Market. That's where we picked up the apples, peppers, onions and three cute little mini pumpkins.

Tomorrow, I endeavor to get out of the kitchen and into G's closet. I have to change out her summer clothes for her fall/winter wardrobe. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Kristina Strain said...

We've got it bad, don't we? Yay for being domestic. Next time you go to the farmer's market, give me a call! I hardly ever miss a Friday.